Monday, August 20, 2007

Chantix Day 19, Quit Day -1


All righty -- let's try this again.

I'm quitting tomorrow. Monday, August 20th. That's my drop-dead Quit Date, and I feel much more prepared to face it this time around.

For one thing, I have cut back on smoking so much that I smoked less than a third of a pack of cigarettes today. And the last cigarette? Just twenty minutes ago? Tasted like crud with a fine layer of ick frosting on top. Now, this is what I'm talkin' about!

I have made lists of things to do instead of smoking tomorrow if I should have a craving. The funny thing is -- I smoke in the car. I'm a huuuuge car smoker. Yes, even though my beloved Prius doesn't have an ashtray or a lighter, I just smoke, smoke, smoke, and smoke some more every time I'm in the car.

Usually.

For the last three days, I haven't smoked in my car. And it's not like I'm keeping myself from it. I took my cigarettes and lighter with me, same as usual, but I just totally forgot to smoke while driving all over town. It didn't matter where I was going or what I was thinking -- I just plain forgot to smoke. Friday night, when I realized, "Hey, I haven't smoked in the car," I could have lit up then -- but I didn't. I just drove through the thought without lighting up.

Weird!

And cool. I have to admit, yes, I find it cool.

I was really nervous about Monday until sometime this evening when I realized, "No, I really am ready to try quitting again. I have already cut down this much. I already don't smoke in the car. I really do think I can do this."

So the test is tomorrow. I don't know if I'll be blogging a lot about it, but I think I'm actually looking forward to quitting. Again. I mean, for the first time. I mean -- for the first time, I'm looking forward to quitting again. Does that make more sense? OK! Let's do this!

G'bye, Capri Menthol 120's! Hello, money!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bay, awesome. You sound much more ready this time, and it should make the going easier this time through. You can do this. Deep breaths and water, and good luck to you!