Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Still getting along

Eight days -- eight days without a cigarette. I still can't believe it. Every day I think I'm about to cave in and smoke, and every night I look back at the day and realize that I haven't fallen off the wagon.

I'm sorry, but it must be said: This Chantix stuff is *miraculous*. I never could have made it this far on my own.

It's official, you know -- I haven't gone this long without a cigarette since January/February of 1988. That was my most successful attempt at quitting -- I made it about a month before I had a cigarette. Next to that, I made it four days in early 1997. Four. DAYS.

I am pitiful.

I am also incredibly lucky that someone decided to invent Chantix!

Thanks to everyone for all your support. I'm amazed and still struggling -- I thought today was particularly rough, with lots of moments thinking, "MAN, I want a cigarette!" -- but I got through it. I don't know how, but I'm glad.

I have to go to the doctor's office in the morning -- I hope she says my blood pressure is down! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bay - really like your blog. You are not pitiful. After 16 days on Chantix, I only made it 6 hours yesterday. You are an inspiration that you've kept at it!

Anonymous said...

Bay, you are doing great! I'm so thrilled to hear that you are already at 8 days, and I'm glad that you toughed it out and didn't give up hope. One day at a time, you can do this as long as you want!