Monday, August 6, 2007

Oops.

I should've continued my postings yesterday -- I was going to give a brief personal background and catch up on my Chantix side effects so far. Now I have an assignment that'll take some time. Darn it.

OK -- brief Chantix history:
Tues., July 31st -- Doctor prescribed Chantix; I picked it up from the pharmacy (insurance doesn't cover it), and I read the package insert and surfed the Web trying to find info about it.

Wed., Aug 1st -- Started taking Chantix. Brief, mild nausea for the first hour after I took the first pill.

Thurs -- Brief, mild nausea for the first hour after I took it. Later that evening, I noticed that I was putting out cigarettes half-finished. It was as if it was too much trouble to keep them lit.

Fri -- Terrible nausea. All Day Long. Did nothing but lie on the couch, not eating, hardly smoking.

Sat -- Still took the next pill even after living through Friday. Brief, mild nausea for less than a half hour. Took *another* pill that night (increasing the dosage) -- no discernible nausea.

Sun., Aug. 5th -- Kept taking pills, started the Travail Blog. Pretty significant nausea after the second pill Sunday night. Kept smoking.

And that brings us to today, and I'll be posting more later, I'm sure.

Right now I have to write my goodbye letter to cigarettes. I think it's funny/strange/coincidental that the GetQuit program requires a goodbye letter, since I had already intended to write one -- well, a *version* of one -- on this blog. Great minds think alike?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on starting Chantix! I know the nausea is no fun, but mine went away (well, mostly, and with some creative scheduling), and I'm on my 50th smoke-free day, so it is working really well for me. I've been blogging my way through my entire Chantix experience along with a bunch of others, and I have links to many of them over on my blog. It really helps me both reading along and writing, too. If you'd like for me to add your blog to the list, just let me know. I'll be reading!

Wishing you the best!