Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Nausea-free Tuesday

I love the days without nausea!

Emily -- who just got her driver's license last week -- leapt up this morning and drove to town to buy me a pork chop biscuit so I would have a substantial breakfast before my dose. Total sweetie! She's really looking forward to my quitting this time.

Peer pressure is good, right?

Wesley and I had a lengthy conversation about Chantix and my trying to quit. He asked me if I want him to quit. But he smokes big, horribly stinky cigars. I've never smelled a cigar and thought, "Ooo, yummy, I want one of those." So I can't imagine that his smoking is going to bother me. It's not like it's real smoking.

Still blowing smoke rings to say goodbye to the cigarettes -- working on a little papercraft doodad for my self-motivation -- and I bought a new faucet to install in the kitchen. New water tap, new me, right?

I'm a little nervous about tomorrow, but I'm just trying to enjoy today.

Edited to add: I didn't get an email from GetQuit this morning! Where's my Daily Activity??? What'm'I s'posed to do without my GetQuit Activity????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't get my GetQuit email either..their system must be down. I am Becky from Memphis, 24 days smoke-free..maybe between the two of us we can clean up this TN air a little bit. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Bay, how awesome to have some good support. It really, really helps. I'm excited for you!

I did get my GetQuit email today if you just mean the one saying to go check in. If so, just head on over to see if they've "unlocked" whatever next topic/activity awaits. If not, I think buying a new faucet counts ;)