Thursday, August 16, 2007

The end in sight?

No nausea today, yay! That was a relief. I do feel much sleepier in the afternoons than usual.

I've forgotten to write about the vivid Chantix dreams. I don't know why I keep forgetting; I guess it's because they're not traumatic or deeply disturbing dreams. They're just really vivid. I sometimes can't figure out if I dreamed it or if it was real. There was one dream in particular that confused me, because I thought I put up all the clean dishes and reloaded the dishwasher with nothing but glasses. But I didn't.

C'mon, that's just weird.

I'm just going along right now, aware that my quit date is coming up, and thinking that I might quit before then. I'm not sure. Goodness knows I'm smoking far less than I used to, and I do put the cigarettes out more quickly.

I think Amy is getting anxious for me to quit and join her in the realm of the ex-smoking. She's doing *so* well!!!

I'm just a big scaredy-cat because I've tried before and failed. Will it work this time? Can I get through those weak moments?

Gosh, I hope so. There are so many better things to spend my money on. Like more glasses to fill up the dishwasher!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really miss the Chantix dreams. I had them for awhile, and now they are still kind of there, but muted. Like yours, not scary, just completely off the wall.

So glad to hear that you are smoking less and less to the point that you are even considering quitting sooner. I'm so glad that you have continued on with a new date further out to take the time you need to get ready. Whenever you choose, you can do this!

The coconut cake is to die for. Tom is in heaven. I am, too, but I'm trying to limit how much I eat because by bite three I would swear I could eat the entire pan. Which would be bad. Very bad.

exsmoker mom said...

Bay,

Can I tell you what worked for me? Make plans for your quit day and even a few days after that. You have to really shake up your routine. Have a whole list of things you're going to do or people that you are going to visit that all revolve around not smoking. You have to get out of the house and away from anything that is a trigger. Go shopping, go to a movie, visit a non smoking friend, get a mani/pedi or have your hair done, eat at non smoking restaurants...whatever it takes. Could you go visit your sister? You can do it...you just have to help yourself do it!

Amy said...

BAY!!!!!! Listen to Exsmoker Mom!!!!!!!!!!! (I'll buy the plane ticket!!!!!)

My house is now non-smoking. :)