Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Is it getting easier?

I can't tell if it's getting easier.

I definitely had a less-bitter-tasting mouth again this morning. That's weird. My nose is stopped up, though. I can't tell if I'm coughing less.

The funky little faux-cigarettes do come in handy when I'm writing. I have to write a newsletter this afternoon, so I'll probably chew them all down to little toothpicks.

I wrote to a friend of mine and asked him if he had ever smoked or quit smoking, and did he have any encouragement? He wrote back, "I don't give up my vices. I vote Republican." Something about that just absolutely cracked me up.

Off to write a newsletter -- and not smoke --

4 comments:

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

(Drat! Wish I could edit for typos instead of deleting!)

If you can't tell if it's getting easier, then it's not getting harder, right?

(You say "Right!")

And if it's not getting harder, then you're at the top of the roller coaster, right?

(You say "Right!")

And if you're at the top of the roller coaster, then the rest is downhill, even though there may be some loops and twists and turns and little hills and such, but by and large it's easier from this point on and it's just a fun ride, right?

(What do you say?)

Tasina said...

What a great analogy. Ditto what Amy said!

Anonymous said...

Yep, me, too. Ditto Ditto. Awesome, Bay! Just keep going.