Friday, August 10, 2007

Day 9 on Chantix

I'm really sorry I didn't post earlier today -- I meant to, but somehow I didn't.

Oh! I remember what happened. I had the nausea after this morning's pill. As I was telling my sister Amy, I think I know when to expect the ickiness now. About a day and a half after the dosage increases, the nausea increases. It's OK -- I just lie on the couch until it passes.

I do feel a little bit scummy about not making it through Wednesday without a cigarette. On the other hand, the moment I got a pack of cigarettes and could control my own intake,... my desire tapered off. I've not smoked half a pack today. Seriously! And sometimes I totally forget that I'm not smoking. OK, yeah, I was nauseated for a few hours and that may have helped. But after dinner? I wasn't nauseated, and I wasn't smoking. Can ya explain that??? Not without Chantix, you can't!

My sister is doing faaaaaaaaabulously on the patch!!! She has made it 22 hours without a cigarette -- go, Amy!!!! She told me, "I don't want to have a cigarette after all this time because if I do, I'll just have to quit again, and then I'll just have to go through the first 22 hours again, and I Don't Want To Repeat THAT."

Smart girl!!!!!!

Amy always was smarter than I. Remind me to smack her -- as soon as we've saved up our cigarette money for a fabulous cruise to some paradise. I'll smack her really hard, and then we can have a fruity adult beverage and look at the sunset without being interrupted by my hacking smoker's cough.

Tee hee!

Still looking forward to quitting; still wondering if I can be as good as others before me! And *still* taking my Chantix, even though sometimes it makes me sick!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bay, you are just awesome, and I love your attitude.

How is it that I missed in all of this that Amy was quitting, too? Well, Go Amy! She is so right that once you get through the toughest parts, not ever wanting to go through them again is a pretty powerful reason to want to stay quit!

I understand, too, about knowing once you bough the pack that you *could* smoke but then not wanting to as much because the Chantix is doing it's thing. For me, that whole strange situation just intensified until it almost seemed silly not to just go ahead and quit that Monday morning that I did rather than drag it out to my drop dead quit date on that Wednesday. Strange. Very strange. I had two more days left that I was "allowed" to smoke, yet chose to quit. Almost puzzling, aside from Chantix ;)

Have you given any thought to a new latest possible last chance drop dead quit date? (yes, I make up the name for those as I go)