Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A Song Parody

My sister -- my totally brilliant sister -- wrote this for those of us trying to quit using Chantix. I love it! She gave me permission to share. Yay!

- To the tune of They Call the Wind Mariah

- {Ahem.}

Away out here they have a name
For those who play with fire.
When we light up, they scowl and point,
And they call my type "pariah."

Pariahs blow our smoke around
And set the crowds a-flyin'.
Pariahs know our habit means
That we will soon be dyin'.

Pariah...pariah...
They call my type pariah.

Now I'm fed up with coughs and stink,
And prices have me whinin',
And furthermore, I cannot smoke
Where other folks are dinin'.

So I got me some helpful drugs
This Chantix is the good stuff.
I'll get this monkey off my back
And powder's all I'll puff.

Pariah...pariah...
My clothes won't catch on fire.
Pariah...pariah...
My health won't be so dire.
[Big finish!]
Pariah...pariiiiiaaaaahhhh....
They won't call me pariah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I've heard the original, but even without the tune in my head, that's pretty cool. And accurate ;)