Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Southern heat

It's September, and I live in the South, and my air conditioner is broken.

This is ugly, no matter which way you slice it. Southern girls don't even acknowledge the possibility of sweating.

My husband tells me the rotor is sheered off. Or maybe it's sheared off. I honestly don't understand the difference between those two verbs or what the heck a rotor is; I just know that my air conditioner is not keeping me cool.

And so, in almost unbearable heat and humidity, I know that I didn't smoke.

So the Chantix must still be doing its job.

(Truth be told, I was so hot that I took the first dose of Chantix almost two hours late. I had the nausea for the first ime in weeks. I got through it; I didn't buy any cigarettes; and I have not smoked.)

Viva la difference!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you - I understand "it's the miserable kind of hot," but not just what needs to be fixed or how. Not smoking is a good thing, though. I always hated smoking when I was too hot because it just didn't seem to taste as good and made me feel icky somehow, but I did it anyway. Ditto for too cold shivering outside with blue lips around a smoke. I guess it didn't matter because I'd smoke anyway. You didn't again today, so that's one cool thing in the middle of the heat ;)

Tasina said...

Having spent six hot, humid, miserable years in the sweltering sticky mess that is St. Louis - you have all my sympathy. Although!!! We moved up here to South Dakota to get away from all of that AND IT WAS 109 FREAKIN' DEGREES HERE TODAY. WHAT THE !@#$!$!@#$!$#!$#!!????

Sorry - Midwestern girls cuss like truckers. :)