Friday, September 7, 2007

Really, a pretty good day


As usual, I needed to keep my hands busy, so I made cards with the latest Club Scrap kit. I love the purple.

I did keep busy, which I think helps, even when you're taking Chantix.

As a result of a beloved old teacher's death, I talked to two old friends whom I hadn't talked to recently. Both of them asked me how I was doing in general, and I was able to share with them that I had stopped smoking. And both of these dear old friends were absolutely thrilled.

That helps, I think -- to get positive affirmation at such a difficult time.

Also, I got lots of praise from my family. I made tacos for dinner tonight. That seems so easy, since El Paso makes taco dinner "kits." But in truth, one has to chop the tomatoes, slice the lettuce, grate the cheese, and put the sour cream, taco sauce, and picante sauce in places that all the guests can enjoy those condiments. It's not just a matter of browning the ground beef and crisping the taco shells after all, y'know.

And we Loftises do love taco night.

All of that aside, I didn't smoke again today. It was actually a pretty good day. I talked to two people who hadn't talked to our theatre teacher in years, and we were all choked up, and I didn't smoke.

That equals a pretty good Chantix day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taco night (I *love* taco night... and breakfast night... and fancy sandwich night) and not smoking even when there's sad floating in the air. You are awesome, Bay. Keep going!

Tasina said...

Well now I want tacos.

Glad you were able to reminisce with some people about your teacher. That always helps.

Are you finding that people are AMAZED that you've quit. A lot of my family who know I've quit or are following my blog (I paste it into my MySpace blog) are totally astounded. One of my cousins said to me, "I can't imagine you not smoking. It seems like you were smoking since you were BORN." Nice. That's a nice way for people to think of me. I'm so glad it's changed!