Friday, September 28, 2007

Pop quiz

Well, Friday night brings a test to my resolve. Here I've been breaking my arm, patting myself on the back. Tomorrow night should be the real test.

I'm driving to Nashville.

Without cigarettes.

I haven't taken a significant road trip without smoking since my freshman year of college.

I wonder how this one's going to go?

There are other various points of stress and interest. Like, I'm teaching a class. Like, the supplies for that class haven't all arrived yet. Like, I have to drive three hours without smoking, teach a class, and turn around and drive home again.

Without smoking.

In the meantime, I was sick Thursday morning. I woke up feeling very, very profoundly unwell. I won't be too specific, because upchucking in my opinion is an indelicate behavior at best and darned uncivilized at worst. So let's just say I felt entirely unwell Thursday morning and didn't take any Chantix until very late in the day. Since I have to take it on a moderately full stomach, and I didn't eat anything until late in the day.

It throws off my entire schedule, but hey, I haven't smoked anything. So I guess I had enough Chantix in my system to get me through the indelicate part of the day.

Honestly, I am looking forward to the day that I don't *think* about it all so much. It's so much effort some days. It's easier on other days. I am conflicted at the moment.

Maybe Monday will be a nice, easy day.

No, wait, I have a dental appointment Monday. Darn it!

Oh, well, at least I know I'm not alone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha, Bay, you always make me smile. You will do just fine, and it probably won't even be as bad as you fear. I do hope that whatever ick got you is all gone. Keep going!